Thursday, November 3, 2011

Can you Make Extra Cash by Ad Posting?

If  you have ever visited a work at home forum, then you have seen these types of threads. Individuals are looking for people to post ads for them on various sites. The most popular site is probably Craigslist, although there are other reputable ad listing sites out there. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the whole ad posting scene. You simply post an ad and you’ve made an extra couple of bucks. There are things to look out for when inquiring about these types of positions:
  • Are you promoting spam? Recently, I started an online business relationship with a person who wanted me to post ads on Craigslist. It was a good deal, but the ads looked so weird. Most of them didn’t make any sense, the English was horrible and I kept thinking who the hell is going to click these? Just be careful when selecting which clients you want to post ads for. In all honesty, I really don’t care what the ad looks like or what it is for as long as I get paid. Now, if the ad was completely vulgar or went against my personal beliefs, then that is a different story.
  • Never use your personal email address! I learned a long time ago to never use my personal email address on Craigslist. Even if it was from ad posting or me personally wanting to sell something, you will or can be bombarded with spam and these types of emails can be harmful. Consider making a new email address specifically for the ad posting position with Yahoo or Gmail to protect yourself.
  • Follow your instinct. This one is simple. If your gut is telling you something is off about the person or the ad itself, then simply walk away from the opportunity. Even though ad posting isn’t going to make you rich, dealing with a difficult individual who won’t pay you is frustrating. If you’re getting bad vibes about anything at all, tell the person you are no longer interested and start looking for other ad posting positions.
How much can you make?
The pay that comes with ad posting is not a whole lot. I believe I am right to say that the typical pay range is between 0.10-$1.00. It really depends though on the client who is hiring you. If you are getting paid an extremely low wage, then it’s probably okay to assume that the client doesn’t have a whole lot of money to start out with. Take this into consideration about your future work with the person. If the ad posting requires a lot of time on your part, such as making the ad or inputting pictures, then ask for a higher wage. I am pretty happy with a $1.00 because for me, it doesn’t take that long to post an ad. I’ve gotten use to the Craigslist realm and know my way around it.
The clients I’ve dealt with usually pay with PayPal. I would highly advise to use this method of payment simply because your personal information is secure.
Some advice about Craigslist:
Since Craigslist is probably the most popular choice for posting ads, then you will need a telephone to validate your posts. All that is required is your phone number to authenticate who you are, so Craigslist doesn’t think you are some kind of bot posting the ads. From my experience, my phone hasn’t been bombed with spam calls. The only trouble I have is not being able to use my phone number more than once. Craigslist has this holding period for each phone number you use, so be sure to use it sparingly.
There are other easy positions like ad posting available for us work at home warriors! I currently post comments on a website and get paid 0.25 per comment. It’s not a whole lot of money, but it’s still money! These types of opportunities are out there and it does take some searching to find the legitimate ones.
Consider adding ad posting to your daily work at home regimen. It can be easy work and some easy money that can be made. Just be mindful and careful, as with all work at home opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment